The movie A Stranger Is Watching (1982) is a psychological thriller based on the novel of the same name by Mary Higgins Clark. The story follows a young girl named Lisa who is kidnapped from a shopping mall by a disturbed man named Artie. Artie takes Lisa to an abandoned building and holds her captive in a small room while he waits for her father, a famous television personality, to pay a ransom for her release. Meanwhile, Lisa’s father and a police detective named Della try to track down Artie and rescue Lisa before it’s too late.
The movie A Stranger Is Watching (1982) combines elements of suspense, tension, and psychological drama.
- Kate Mulgrew as Sharon Martin
- Rip Torn as Steve Peterson
- James Naughton as Tony
- Shawn von Schreiber as Lisa
- William Prince as Dr. Jennings
- Barbara Baxley as Della
- Stephen Joyce as Artie
- James Russo as Frank
- The movie A Stranger Is Watching (1982) is based on the novel of the same name by Mary Higgins Clark.
- The film was directed by Sean S. Cunningham, who is best known for directing the horror classic Friday the 13th (1980).
- A Stranger Is Watching received mixed reviews upon its release, with some praising its suspenseful moments and performances, while others criticized its pacing and deviations from the source material.