The movie Amityville II: The Possession (1982) is a horror film directed by Damiano Damiani. It is the second film in the Amityville Horror film series and a loose prequel to The Amityville Horror (1979). The story follows the Montelli family, who move into a new house in Amityville, New York. The house is revealed to be haunted by a malevolent force that possesses the family’s teenage son, Sonny.
As the possession takes hold, Sonny becomes increasingly violent and erratic, attacking his family members and exhibiting supernatural abilities. The family seeks help from a local priest, Father Adamsky, who attempts to exorcise the demon from Sonny. However, the exorcism only serves to further enrage the entity, leading to a climactic confrontation between the Montellis and the demonic force.
- James Olson as Father Adamsky
- Burt Young as Anthony Montelli
- Rutanya Alda as Dolores Montelli
- Jack Magner as Sonny Montelli
- Andrew Prine as Father Tom
- Diane Franklin as Patricia Montelli
- The movie Amityville II: The Possession (1982) is loosely based on the real-life DeFeo family murders that occurred in the Amityville house in 1974.
- The film’s screenplay was written by Tommy Lee Wallace, who also wrote the screenplay for the original Halloween (1978).
- Amityville II: The Possession was released just three years after the original film, and was criticized for being exploitative and sensationalistic.
- The film’s special effects were created by Carlo Rambaldi, who won an Academy Award for his work on E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial (1982).
-  https://www.nytimes.com/1982/09/24/movies/film-amityville-ii-the-possession.html
-  https://www.rogerebert.com/reviews/amityville-ii-the-possession-1982
-  https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0083550/
-  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amityville_II:_The_Possession