The movie Blood Salvage (1990) revolves around the Pruitt family, a group of self-taught doctors who run a spare-parts clinic in the country. Led by the patriarch, Jake Pruitt, the family is involved in a series of gruesome and unethical medical experiments. They kidnap unsuspecting victims off the highway and use them as a source of spare parts for their clinic.
One day, a young woman named April and her family are traveling in a motorhome on their way to a nearby town to attend a pageant. They become the latest targets of the Pruitt family’s twisted experiments. As the family tries to escape, they are confronted by the sadistic and deranged members of the Pruitt clan, leading to a bloody and violent showdown.
- Danny Nelson as Jake Pruitt
- Lori Birdsong as April
- Christian Hesler as Billy
- Lesa Lee as June
- Ray Walston as Watty Pruitt
- John Saxon as Sheriff
- Evander Holyfield as Himself
- The film was shot on location in Georgia, giving it an authentic Southern Gothic feel.
- Blood Salvage (1990) was the directorial debut of Tucker Johnston, who went on to direct several other horror films.
- The movie features a cameo appearance by professional boxer Evander Holyfield, who plays himself in a brief scene.
- IMDb – IMDb provides user reviews and ratings for Blood Salvage (1990).
- Rotten Tomatoes – Rotten Tomatoes offers a collection of reviews and ratings from critics and audiences.