The movie Book of Shadows: Blair Witch 2 (2000) is a psychological horror film and sequel to the popular 1999 cult hit The Blair Witch Project. It was directed by Joe Berlinger and stars Kim Director, Jeffrey Donovan, Erica Leerhsen, Tristen Skyler and Stephen Barker Turner.
The movie begins with a group of young adults interested in the Book of Shadows: Blair Witch 2 (2000) phenomenon arriving in Burkittsville, Maryland to explore the woods and town featured in the original Blair Witch film. The group consists of couple Jeff and Kim along with locals Erica and Tristen and Wiccan specialist Stephen. They set up camp in the woods and begin researching and exploring locations from the first film. However, after an evening of partying around a campfire, the group wakes up to find their tapes destroyed and their memories foggy about the previous night.
Strange and violent events begin happening, raising tensions within the group. They start to suspect that they may have been overtaken by some malevolent entity or force during their lost night in the woods. The group descends into chaos and paranoia, accusing each other of heinous acts they can’t remember committing. After finding suspicious evidence and clues, it seems that one or more among them were possessed and committed murders during their blackout. The movie builds to a climactic reveal of who was responsible as the remaining survivors try to escape the cursed woods.
- Kim Director as Kim Diamond
- Jeffrey Donovan as Jeff Patterson
- Erica Leerhsen as Erica Geerson
- Tristen Skyler as Tristen Ryler
- Stephen Barker Turner as Stephen Ryan Parker
- The movie was filmed in the historic town of Ellicott City, Maryland which stood in for Burkittsville
- It was originally envisioned as a psychological thriller without the supernatural elements
- The working title during production was “The Book of Shadows”
- It had a much larger budget of $15 million compared to the original’s modest $60,000
 Rotten Tomatoes