The movie Cut (2000) is a psychological thriller directed by Kimble Rendall. It centers on a film student whose thesis project plunges her into a real life horror when her cast and crew start being murdered.
Film student Vanessa Turnbill is shooting a slasher flick for her final thesis. During production, her frustrated actor Ord agrees to actually commit a murder while filming to improve his performance. But after the murder, bodies start piling up offscreen as well.
Vanessa is horrified but continues filming in order to document and uncover the truth of the killings. With the help of her cinematographer Pablo, she investigates each murder, narrowing down the suspects. She soon realizes the murders are all connected to a dark secret from the past.
- Molly Ringwald as Vanessa Turnbill
- Kylie Minogue as Lola Jacobs
- Jessica Napier as Julie
- Stephen Moyer as Ord
- Shane Bourne as Sam()
- Filmed on location around Brisbane, Australia
- Molly Ringwald’s first theatrical film role in many years
- Was originally given an NC-17 rating in the US
- Directed by TV veteran Kimble Rendall
 Rotten Tomatoes