The movie Dead & Buried (1981) is a horror film directed by Gary Sherman. The story takes place in the small coastal town of Potters Bluff, where a series of brutal murders occur. The movie follows Sheriff Dan Gillis, played by James Farentino, as he investigates the mysterious killings.
The movie Dead & Buried (1981) begins with the discovery of a burned and disfigured body on the beach. As Sheriff Gillis delves deeper into the investigation, he uncovers a dark secret: the victims of the murders are being brought back to life by the town’s mortician, William G. Dobbs, played by Jack Albertson. Dobbs uses a secret process to reanimate the corpses and turn them into obedient members of the community.
The movie Dead & Buried (1981) explores the themes of identity, mortality, and the nature of evil. As Sheriff Gillis uncovers the truth, he becomes increasingly entangled in the web of deceit and horror that surrounds Potters Bluff.
- James Farentino as Sheriff Dan Gillis
- Melody Anderson as Janet Gillis
- Jack Albertson as William G. Dobbs
- Dennis Redfield as Ron
- Nancy Locke as Linda
- Dead & Buried (1981) was initially banned as a “video nasty” in the U.K. due to its graphic content.
- The film features special makeup effects by Stan Winston, who later became known for his work on films such as Jurassic Park and Terminator 2: Judgment Day.
- Dead & Buried (1981) was released during the height of the slasher film craze in the early 1980s.