The movie Deadly Blessing (1981) is an American slasher film directed by Wes Craven. The story revolves around Martha, a young widow played by Maren Jensen, who becomes increasingly paranoid of a neighboring religious community known as the Hittites after her husband dies under mysterious circumstances.
As Martha tries to cope with her loss, she is visited by her friends Lana and Vicky, portrayed by Sharon Stone and Susan Buckner, respectively. Together, they uncover a series of disturbing events and strange occurrences that suggest a malevolent force is at work.
The Hittites, led by their charismatic leader Isaiah, played by Ernest Borgnine, adhere to ancient beliefs and practices. Martha and her friends find themselves caught in a web of superstition, secrets, and religious fanaticism as they try to uncover the truth behind the mysterious events.
As tensions escalate, the friends become targets of a mysterious figure committing murders in the community. The movie Deadly Blessing (1981) explores themes of paranoia, religious extremism, and the power of belief.
- Maren Jensen as Martha
- Sharon Stone as Lana
- Susan Buckner as Vicky
- Ernest Borgnine as Isaiah
- Deadly Blessing (1981) was directed by Wes Craven, known for his work in the horror genre, including A Nightmare on Elm Street and Scream.
- The film marked Sharon Stone’s early role in her acting career.
- Deadly Blessing received mixed reviews upon its release, with some praising its suspenseful atmosphere and others criticizing its pacing and plot.
- Deadly Blessing – Wikipedia
- Deadly Blessing (1981) – Letterboxd
- Deadly Blessing (1981) – The New York Times