The movie Dracula 2000 (2000) is a gothic horror film directed by Patrick Lussier and starring Gerard Butler as Dracula. It serves as an update to the classic Dracula story, bringing the legendary vampire into the modern day.
In the year 2000, a group of thieves break into a high-tech London vault believing it contains valuable artifacts. However, they instead find a sealed crypt containing the dormant body of Dracula. The thieves inadvertently bleed near the body, awakening Dracula from his slumber. He escapes the vault and makes his way to New Orleans, drawn there by a connection to a young woman named Mary who works for the antique dealers that unknowingly had Dracula’s body in their vault.
In New Orleans, Dracula begins feeding on locals while trying to reconnect with Mary, revealed to be the daughter of his lost love from centuries ago. Mary’s employers and allies work desperately to stop the newly awakened Dracula and his vampiric minions. Meanwhile, Dracula also has to contend with a notorious vampire hunter named Van Helsing who arrives in New Orleans determined to finally destroy the powerful vampire lord.
- Gerard Butler as Dracula / Judas Iscariot
- Christopher Plummer as Abraham Van Helsing
- Jonny Lee Miller as Simon Sheppard
- Justine Waddell as Mary Heller / Mina Harker
- Omar Epps as Soloman
- It was Wes Craven’s idea to tie Dracula’s origin to the biblical Judas Iscariot
- The film was shot entirely at night over the course of two months
- Dracula’s mansion in the movie is the Oak Alley Plantation near New Orleans
- The movie was poorly received at release but later gained a cult following
 Rotten Tomatoes