The movie Frankenstein Island (1981) is a science fiction horror film directed by Jerry Warren. The plot follows a group of people who find themselves stranded on a remote island after their hot air balloon crashes . Little do they know, the island is inhabited by Dr. Frankenstein’s descendant, who continues the family’s experiments in creating life.
As the survivors explore the island, they encounter a variety of strange and dangerous creatures, including mutants, zombies, and scantily-clad part-alien women . They soon realize that they are caught in the middle of a battle between the mad scientist and his creations. The movie follows their desperate struggle for survival as they try to escape the clutches of Dr. Frankenstein’s descendant and the monstrous beings that inhabit the island.
The movie Frankenstein Island (1981) combines elements of science fiction, horror, and adventure.
- John Carradine as Dr. Frankenstein
- Robert Clarke as Dr. Beaumont
- Steve Brodie as Steve
- Cameron Mitchell as Captain
- Andrew Duggan as Professor
- Heather Hughes as Sheila
- Frankenstein Island is known for its low-budget production and campy style .
- The film was directed by Jerry Warren and features a mix of horror and science fiction elements .
- Frankenstein Island gained a cult following for its cheesy special effects and over-the-top performances .
- The Bad Movie Report – Frankenstein Island (1981)
- Morias Reviews – Frankenstein Island (1981)
- Letterboxd – Frankenstein Island (1981)