The movie Friday the 13th (1980) is a slasher film directed by Sean S. Cunningham. The story revolves around Camp Crystal Lake, a summer camp that has a dark and tragic history. The movie begins with a group of counselors arriving at the camp to prepare for its reopening. However, they soon become the targets of a mysterious and relentless killer.
The movie Friday the 13th (1980) follows the counselors as they are stalked and brutally murdered one by one. The film is known for its suspenseful chase sequences, shocking twist, and iconic final girl trope.
The movie Friday the 13th (1980) and its success led to numerous sequels and established the Friday the 13th franchise as one of the most iconic in the horror genre.
- Betsy Palmer as Pamela Voorhees
- Adrienne King as Alice Hardy
- Harry Crosby as Bill
- Laurie Bartram as Brenda
- Mark Nelson as Ned
- Friday the 13th (1980) was inspired by the success of Halloween (1978) and other slasher films of the time.
- The film’s iconic villain, Jason Voorhees, does not become the main antagonist until the later films in the franchise.
- Friday the 13th (1980) faced controversy and censorship due to its graphic violence and depiction of teenage sexuality.