The movie Friday the 13th Part 2 (1981) is a slasher film and the sequel to the original Friday the 13th (1980). Directed by Steve Miner, the story takes place five years after the events of the first film. The movie Friday the 13th Part 2 (1981) follows a group of new counselors who are preparing to reopen Camp Crystal Lake, the site of the previous murders. Unbeknownst to them, the vengeful killer Jason Voorhees is still alive and lurking in the woods.
The movie Friday the 13th Part 2 (1981) introduces a new set of characters, including Ginny Field, played by Amy Steel, who becomes the film’s protagonist. As the counselors settle into the camp, they are gradually picked off one by one by Jason, who seeks revenge for the death of his mother in the first film. Ginny and her boyfriend Paul, played by John Furey, must fight for their lives and find a way to stop Jason.
The movie Friday the 13th Part 2 (1981) builds upon the slasher formula established in the original film and further develops the mythology of Jason Voorhees as a relentless and unstoppable killer.
- Amy Steel as Ginny Field
- John Furey as Paul Holt
- Adrienne King as Alice Hardy
- Warrington Gillette as Jason Voorhees
- Stu Charno as Ted
- Friday the 13th Part 2 (1981) was originally intended to be the final film in the franchise, but its success led to numerous sequels.
- This film marks the first appearance of Jason Voorhees as the main antagonist, wearing his iconic hockey mask.
- Friday the 13th Part 2 (1981) faced censorship and controversy due to its graphic violence and depiction of gore.