The movie Hollow Man (2000) is a sci-fi horror thriller directed by Paul Verhoeven and starring Kevin Bacon, Elisabeth Shue, and Josh Brolin. It follows a scientist who develops an invisibility serum with dangerous consequences.
The movie Hollow Man (2000) opens with Sebastian Caine, a brilliant but arrogant scientist, heading a Pentagon research team that has developed an invisibility serum. After successful tests on animals, Sebastian becomes impatient and uses the unstable serum on himself before full human trials.
The serum works, rendering Sebastian invisible. However, it also increasingly corrupts him, causing violent insanity. As the side effects worsen, Sebastian uses his invisibility to stalk and attack his coworkers inside the lockeddown laboratory facility. He murders several colleagues before the survivors manage to stop him.
- Kevin Bacon as Sebastian Caine
- Elisabeth Shue as Linda McKay
- Josh Brolin as Matt Kensington
- Kim Dickens as Sarah Kennedy
- Greg Grunberg as Carter Abbey
- Director Paul Verhoeven wanted to make an invisible man film for over 20 years.
- Kevin Bacon performed partially nude to help with the visual effects.
- Made on a budget of $95 million.
- Rated R for sci-fi violence, brief language and sexuality.