The movie Ju-on: The Curse 2 (2000) is a Japanese supernatural horror film and the second installment in the popular Ju-on franchise. It continues the haunting tales of vengeance from beyond the grave.
In this entry, the creepy Saeki House is now abandoned after the horrific murders of the Saeki family. A group of teenage volleyball players, coached by Kobayashi, use the empty house for practice sessions. Strange paranormal activity begins occurring, frightening the girls. One girl named Masami experiences visions of the Saeki son Toshio.
The ghostly young Toshio and his murderous mother Kayako start claiming victims among the volleyball team. Kobayashi’s sister Kanna also arrives at the house searching for him, only to fall into the vengeful spirits’ clutches as well. Kobayashi and Masami attempt to escape the curse and warn the others away from the evil dwelling.
The movie Ju-on: The Curse 2 (2000) ends with Kobayashi seemingly the only survivor, now haunted by memories of the Saeki House’s victims.
- Ai Kago as Masami
- Takako Fuji as Kayako Saeki
- Yuya Ozeki as Toshio Saeki
- Takashi Matsuyama as Shunsuke Kobayashi
- Chikako Isomura as Kanna Kobayashi
- Second in the original series of Ju-on films created in Japan
- Known for its haunting visuals and sounds
- Director Takashi Shimizu helped define J-horror
- Was an early starring role for actress Ai Kago
 Rotten Tomatoes: