The movie Killer Crocodile 2 (1990) is an Italian horror sequel directed by Giannetto De Rossi. It continues the exploits of the giant mutant crocodile from the previous film wreaking havoc on a Caribbean island community.
The movie Killer Crocodile 2 (1990) opens with environmental activist Kevin Jones arriving on the island to investigate the reappearance of the 30-foot crocodile believed killed years before. He teams up with local sheriff Amanda and her son Tommy to stop the creature’s rampage. But corporate toxic waste dumper Orlomb is Determined to keep his illegal activities hidden by sabotaging their efforts.
As with the first film, The movie Killer Crocodile 2 (1990) revels in campy gory kills as the croc devours fishermen, tourists, and anyone else unlucky enough to cross its path. The attacks culminate during a village festival when the crocodile crashes the celebration and causes utter chaos while picking off the panicked revelers one by one.
Jones and the sheriff eventually concoct a plan to lure the crocodile into an area with explosives planted in the water. After an intense game of cat-and-mouse, they manage to detonate the charges at just the right time, blowing the creature to bits. The movie Killer Crocodile 2 (1990) ends with Orlomb being busted for his toxic dumping as the island returns to peace thanks to Jones and Amanda’s efforts.
While lacking production values, The movie Killer Crocodile 2 (1990) delivers campy B-movie thrills consistent with Italian creature features of the era.
- Richard Anthony Crenna as Kevin Jones
- Debra Karr as Amanda
- Ennio Girolami as Sheriff Orlomb
- John Harper as Tommy
– The movie Killer Crocodile 2 (1990) was a sequel to 1989’s Killer Crocodile.
– It reused footage from the first film to save on budget costs.
– Italian exploitation director Aristide Massaccesi is credited under the pseudonym Joe D’Amato.
– The crocodile was portrayed via both animatronics and stock footage.
– It was mainly shot in the Dominican Republic.