The movie Leatherface: Texas Chainsaw Massacre III (1990) is the second sequel in the Texas Chainsaw Massacre horror franchise. It follows Leatherface and his cannibal family terrorizing yet another group of unlucky travelers.
The movie Leatherface: Texas Chainsaw Massacre III (1990) introduces Michelle and Ryan, a couple driving through Texas who get into an accident after running another driver off the road. When they seek help at a nearby home, they soon realize it’s inhabited by Leatherface and his demented clan of killers. What follows next is a bloody fight for survival as Leatherface goes on another murderous rampage with his chainsaw.
After escaping from Leatherface initially, Michelle and Ryan come across a survivalist couple, Sara and Benny, who are hunting in the area. Together the four of them try to evade Leatherface and his sadistic family while also dealing with the murderous Texan Sergeant “Leather” Slaughter and his daughter. The movie Leatherface: Texas Chainsaw Massacre III (1990) culminates in a showdown between Leatherface and Sara that leaves them both seemingly dead.
The movie Leatherface: Texas Chainsaw Massacre III (1990) went through extensive cuts and edits before release due to complaints over violence.
- Kate Hodge as Michelle
- William Butler as Ryan
- Ken Foree as Benny
- R.A. Mihailoff as Leatherface
- Viggo Mortensen as Tex
– The original cut of the film was much more graphic and violent before being edited down.
– Producer Newt Arnold wanted to make the darkest Chainsaw film yet.
– Ken Foree had previously starred in the original Dawn of the Dead.
– Makeup effects were provided by KNB EFX Group.
– It was the last Chainsaw film released by New Line Cinema.