The movie Macabre (1980) is a horror film directed by Lamberto Bava. The story revolves around a woman named Jane Baker who is haunted by a traumatic event from her past. Jane, along with her husband and daughter, moves into a new house in a quiet suburban neighborhood. However, strange and terrifying occurrences begin to happen, leading Jane to question her sanity.
As the movie progresses, it is revealed that Jane’s past is connected to a series of gruesome murders that have been taking place in the area. The audience is taken on a suspenseful journey as Jane tries to uncover the truth behind the mysterious events and protect her family from the malevolent forces at play.
- Bernice Stegers as Jane Baker
- Stanko Molnar as Robert Duval
- Veronica Zinny as Lucy Baker
- Roberto Posse as Pierre
- Ferdinando Orlandi as John Baker
- Fernando Pannullo as Dr. Robert Anderson
- Macabre (1980) is Lamberto Bava’s directorial debut. He is the son of renowned Italian horror filmmaker Mario Bava.
- The movie was originally titled “Macabro” in Italy.
- Macabre (1980) is often considered part of the “video nasty” era, a period in the UK when certain horror films were banned or heavily censored due to their violent and explicit content.