The movie Madhouse (1981), also known as There Was a Little Girl, is an Italian-American slasher film directed by Ovidio G. Assonitis. The plot follows Julia Sullivan, a beloved schoolteacher for deaf children in Savannah, Georgia . Julia’s life takes a dark turn when she becomes the target of her psychopathic twin sister, who stalks her in the days leading up to their birthday . As the suspense builds, Julia must confront her twin sister’s murderous intentions and fight for her life.
The movie explores the psychological torment experienced by Julia as she is relentlessly pursued by her twin sister. The tension escalates as the twin sister’s twisted motives and violent actions become increasingly apparent. Julia must navigate a web of deception and danger, trying to stay one step ahead of her deranged sibling . The movie Madhouse (1981) delves into themes of identity, sibling rivalry, and the blurred lines between sanity and madness.
- Trish Everly as Julia Sullivan
- Dennis Robertson as Mark
- Allison Biggers as Carol
- Michael Macrae as Father James
- Madhouse is also known as There Was a Little Girl and And When She Was Bad .
- The film was directed and co-written by Ovidio G. Assonitis .
- Madhouse was released under different titles for the video market .
- GAMES, BRRRAAAINS & A HEAD-BANGING LIFE – Madhouse (1981)
- MOVIES and MANIA – Madhouse (1981)
- Random Movie Musings – Madhouse (1981)