The movie Maniac Cop 2 (1990) is a horror thriller sequel directed by William Lustig. It follows the continued murderous rampage of the undead Maniac Cop Matthew Cordell.
The movie Maniac Cop 2 (1990) opens with Cordell resurrected and ready to exact vengeance on those he believes wronged him. He sets his sights on police psychiatrist Susan Riley, the woman who he thinks helped frame him in life. Cordell terrifies her and slowly kills off her friends one by one, saving Susan for last.
Detectives McKinney and Forrest, who survived Cordell’s attacks in the first film, team up again to take down the maniac cop for good. But Cordell continues his ruthless killing spree, punishing anyone associated with his wrongful imprisonment. The movie Maniac Cop 2 (1990) builds to an explosive final showdown as the detectives rig an apartment to burn Cordell alive, finally stopping his immortal reign of terror.
- Robert Z’Dar as Matthew Cordell
- Robert Davi as Det. McKinney
- Claudia Christian as Susan Riley
- Michael Lerner as Donald Steele
- Bruce Campbell as Forrest
– Shot on location in Los Angeles, the film had a budget of $3 million.
– Z’Dar underwent 3 hours of makeup each day to become Cordell.
– Director William Lustig appears briefly reprising his pimp role from the original.
– It was followed by two more Maniac Cop sequels in 1993 and another in 2008.
– The film is dedicated to Jake LaMotta and Joe Spinell, both of whom died in 1989.