The movie Metamorphosis: The Alien Factor (1990) is a sci-fi horror B-movie directed by Glenn Takajian. It follows the havoc wreaked by an alien organism that lands near a small American town and begins mutating the local inhabitants.
The movie Metamorphosis: The Alien Factor (1990) opens with a meteorite crashing just outside the fictional town of Homeville. A local woman out walking her dog discovers a pulsing blob at the impact site. She takes it home where it soon attaches itself to her skin and begins transforming her in horrific ways.
The movie Metamorphosis: The Alien Factor (1990) then introduces Sheriff Hobbs who slowly starts investigating strange events around town. He links up with scientist Margaret Hartman who determines the meteorite contained an alien symbiotic lifeform that seeks to mutate humans through fusion. As the infection spreads, ordinary townsfolk transform into disfigured zombie-like killers overwhelmed by the alien mutation.
Sheriff Hobbs races to contain the escalating violence and chaos as the entire town threatens to be overrun. In the climactic final confrontation, The movie Metamorphosis: The Alien Factor (1990) sees Hobbs use explosives to destroy the central hive intelligence. This kills the remaining mutants and ends the alien’s reproductive cycle, saving the town.
- George Stover as Sheriff Hobbs
- Linda Lee Rowden as Margaret Hartman
- Brad Arrington as Deputy Ben
- Dennis Vella as Mutant
– Filmed in Maryland on a budget less than $100,000.
– Director Glenn Takajian’s only other directorial credit is the film Metamorphosis.
– Lead actor George Stover also starred in John Carpenter’s The Fog.
– Featured mutated makeup effects by Mark Milly.
– Never received an official VHS or DVD release.