The movie Mystery on Monster Island (1981) is loosely based on Jules Verne’s novel “The Mysterious Island”. The story follows a young man named Hank and his traveling buddy, who embark on a global journey onboard their ship. However, they are shipwrecked on a desolate island teeming with prehistoric creatures and a mad scientist who is conducting experiments on the island’s inhabitants. Hank and his friend team up with a group of international explorers who are also stranded on the island, and they must work together to uncover the mystery of the island and find a way to escape.
- Peter Cushing as William T. Kolderup
- Terence Stamp as Taskinar
- Paul Naschy as Grogan
- Ian Sera as Hank
- Jack Taylor as Captain
- May Heatherly as Eva
- Frank Braña as Pedro
- The movie Mystery on Monster Island (1981) was filmed in Spain and directed by Juan Piquer Simón.
- The film was released in the United States under the title “Mystery Island”.
- The film’s special effects were created by Emilio Ruiz del Río, who also worked on films such as “Conan the Barbarian” (1982) and “Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade” (1989).
- IMDb – Mystery on Monster Island
- Rotten Tomatoes – Mystery on Monster Island
- Movies and Mania – Mystery on Monster Island