The movie Night of the Living Dead (1990) is a remake of the 1968 horror film of the same name. It was directed by Tom Savini and stars Tony Todd, Patricia Tallman, and Tom Towles. The movie follows a group of people trapped in a rural farmhouse who are attacked by zombies.
The movie Night of the Living Dead (1990) begins with Barbara and her brother Johnny driving to visit their mother’s grave. Johnny is killed by a zombie. Barbara flees and takes refuge in an abandoned farmhouse, where she finds Ben, who boards up the house to keep the zombies out. Other survivors arrive at the house, including Tom and Judy Rose, a young couple, and Harry and Helen Cooper and their daughter Sarah. Tensions rise among the group as they struggle to survive the night while the zombies try to break in.
Throughout the night, some of the survivors are killed and turn into zombies themselves. Ben and Harry fight for leadership of the group and have conflicting ideas on the best strategy for survival. Radio reports reveal that the zombies are spreading across the country. When part of the house catches on fire, the zombies break through the barricades. Harry leaves the basement hatch open, allowing the zombies inside where they kill him. Ben manages to seal himself in the basement, but he is sadly found to be a zombie the next morning. The movie ends bleakly with no hope of resolution to the zombie outbreak.
- Tony Todd as Ben
- Patricia Tallman as Barbara
- Tom Towles as Harry Cooper
- McKee Anderson as Helen Cooper
- William Butler as Tom
- Katie Finneran as Judy Rose
- Director Tom Savini plays a zombie in the film.
- Some of the zombies were played by amputees to achieve more realistic-looking injuries.
- The film utilizes 350 gallons of blood and liquid latex.
- It was shot in Pittsburgh, very close to the filming location of the original 1968 film.
- 15 Things You Didn’t Know About The 1990 Night Of The Living Dead Remake
- Here’s Why ‘Night of the Living Dead’ (1990) Endures as a Great Horror Remake