The movie Night of the Werewolf (1981) is a Spanish horror film directed by Paul Naschy. The story follows a young woman named Elvira, who is bitten by a werewolf and becomes one herself. She is taken in by a group of monks who try to cure her of her curse, but they soon discover that she is the reincarnation of a legendary werewolf queen. As Elvira struggles to control her transformation and the monks try to protect her from those who seek to exploit her power, they uncover a sinister plot to resurrect the queen and unleash a reign of terror on the world.
- Paul Naschy as Waldemar Daninsky
- Julia Saly as Elvira
- Silvia Aguilar as Elizabeth Bathory
- Luis Induni as Father Alvares
- Azucena Hernández as Justine
- Beatriz Elorrieta as Wandesa
- Verónica Miriel as Karen
- The movie Night of the Werewolf (1981) is also known as “The Craving” or “El Retorno del Hombre Lobo” in some regions.
- The film features Paul Naschy, who is known for his portrayal of the werewolf character Waldemar Daninsky in several horror films.
- The movie incorporates elements of the legend of Elizabeth Bathory, a Hungarian noblewoman who was rumored to have killed young women and bathed in their blood to maintain her youth.
- IMDb – Night of the Werewolf
- AllMovie – Night of the Werewolf
- Rotten Tomatoes – Night of the Werewolf