The movie Pieces (1982) is a slasher film directed by Juan Piquer Simón. The story takes place at a college campus, where a mysterious killer brutally murders students and uses their body parts to create a human jigsaw puzzle. The movie opens with a girl studying outside who is suddenly decapitated with a chainsaw by an unidentified killer, who steals her head.
Lieutenant Bracken and his team are assigned to investigate the gruesome murders. As they dig deeper into the case, they uncover a series of shocking and gory killings that seem to be connected. The killer continues their rampage, leaving a trail of dismembered bodies and terrorized students in their wake.
The movie Pieces (1982) follows the efforts of Lieutenant Bracken and a young student named Kendall to uncover the identity of the killer and put an end to the bloodshed.
- Christopher George as Lieutenant Bracken
- Lynda Day George as Mary Riggs
- Frank Braña as Sergeant Holden
- Paul L. Smith as Willard
- Edmund Purdom as Dean
- Ian Sera as Kendall
- The movie Pieces (1982) was originally titled “Mil gritos tiene la noche” in Spanish, which translates to “The Night Has a Thousand Screams”.
- The film’s director, Juan Piquer Simón, was inspired by the success of slasher films like Halloween (1978) and Friday the 13th (1980).
- Pieces received mixed reviews upon its release, with critics praising its gore effects but criticizing its plot and acting.
- The film has gained a cult following over the years for its over-the-top violence and campy charm.
-  https://horror.fandom.com/wiki/Pieces_(1982)
-  https://www.gbhbl.com/horror-movie-review-pieces-1982/
-  https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0082748/
-  http://mcbastardsmausoleum.blogspot.com/2011/10/dvd-review-pieces-1982.html?m=1