The movie Piranha II: The Spawning (1981) is a horror film directed by James Cameron. The story follows a group of tourists who become trapped on a resort island when a genetically modified strain of piranha begins attacking and killing anyone who enters the water.
The movie Piranha II: The Spawning (1981) explores themes of scientific experimentatio and environmentalism,. As the tourists struggle to survive, they discover that the piranhas were created by a mad scientist who was attempting to create a new breed of fish that could survive in polluted waters.
The movie Piranha II: The Spawning (1981) is known for its over-the-top gore and inventive death scenes. The piranhas are portrayed as vicious and relentless, and the film features several memorable kills, including a scene in which a woman is attacked while parasailing.
- Tricia O’Neil as Anne Kimbrough
- Steve Marachuk as Tyler Sherman
- Lance Henriksen as Steve Kimbrough
- Ricky Paull Goldin as Chris Kimbrough
- Ted Richert as Raoul
- Piranha II: The Spawning (1981) was James Cameron’s directorial debut, although he has since disowned the film and does not consider it part of his filmography.
- The film faced controversy and censorship due to its graphic violence and nudity.
- Piranha II: The Spawning (1981) is often compared to the original Piranha (1978), which was directed by Joe Dante and produced by Roger Corman.