The movie Prom Night III: The Last Kiss (1990) is a comedic supernatural slasher and the third installment in the Prom Night franchise. It was directed by Ron Oliver and stars Tim Conlon and Cynthia Preston.
The movie Prom Night III: The Last Kiss (1990) centers around Alex Gray who accidentally causes the death of his prom date Robin by crashing his car. Exactly one year later, Alex is preparing to graduate high school and attend the prom with his new girlfriend Sarah. However, Robin has returned as an angry vengeful spirit set on possessing Sarah’s body and forcing Alex to take her to the prom.
After Sarah becomes possessed, she begins trying to kill all of Alex’s friends including his best friend Josh. Alex enlists the help of a local mystic, Madame Zola, to perform an exorcism on Sarah. However, the exorcism does not expel Robin fully. At the prom, Sarah/Robin goes on a murder spree, killing students and faculty. Alex manages to stop her by reminding Sarah of the love they share and preventing Robin from completely taking over. Robin’s spirit is finally defeated and expelled from Sarah’s body.
- Tim Conlon as Alex Gray
- Cynthia Preston as Sarah Monroe/Robin Hammond
- David Stratton as Josh
- Maury Chaykin as Principal Webster
- Courtney Taylor as Monica
- Filmed in Canada on a budget of only $650,000.
- First Prom Night film to receive an R rating.
- Director Ron Oliver went on to make many TV movies.
- Courtney Taylor was a Playboy Playmate.