The movie Rana: The Legend of Shadow Lake (1980) is a regional horror film directed by Bill Rebane. The story revolves around a mysterious creature known as Rana, a half-man/half-frog monster that resides in a lake. The film explores the legend and the shenanigans that occur around the lake where Rana lives.
The movie follows Kelly Morgan, who had a terrifying encounter with Rana when he was 11 years old. The creature killed his father, leaving him traumatized. Years later, Kelly returns to the lake with a group of friends, including archaeologists and treasure hunters, seeking gold on the exotic island.
As they delve deeper into their search for treasure, they unwittingly awaken Rana from its slumber. The amphibious humanoid begins to wreak havoc, killing and scaring anyone who crosses its path. The movie Rana: The Legend of Shadow Lake (1980) combines elements of horror, suspense, and folklore.
The group of friends must now confront their worst fears as they try to survive the wrath of Rana. The film explores themes of fear, folklore, and the consequences of disturbing ancient legends. As the body count rises, they find themselves in a desperate battle for their lives against the amphibious monster.
Will they be able to defeat Rana and escape the island alive? Watch Rana: The Legend of Shadow Lake (1980) to find out.
- Paul Callaway as Kelly Morgan
- Richard Lange as Sheriff
- Glenn Scherer as Professor
- Brad Ellingson as Mike
- Mark Fults as Deputy
- Bob Brown as Bob
- Bill Rebane as Rana (uncredited)
– The movie Rana: The Legend of Shadow Lake (1980) was directed by Bill Rebane.
– The film is known for its low-budget regional production and its focus on the legend of Rana.
– Rana: The Legend of Shadow Lake (1980) is also known as “Rana: The Legend Lives” and “Croaked: Frog Monster from Hell”.