The movie Road Games (1981) is an Australian thriller film directed by Richard Franklin. The story follows a truck driver named Pat Quid, played by Stacy Keach, who travels across Australia. Along his journey, he becomes suspicious of a man driving a green van, whom he believes is a serial killer targeting young women.
Pat picks up a hitchhiker named Pamela, portrayed by Jamie Lee Curtis, who becomes his companion and helps him in his quest to track down the killer. As they continue their journey, they encounter various suspicious characters and witness disturbing events.
As Pat and Pamela investigate further, they uncover clues that connect the green van driver to a series of gruesome murders. They become convinced that the killer is dumping the dismembered bodies of his victims along desolate highways.
The cat-and-mouse game between Pat and the mysterious killer intensifies as they try to outsmart each other.
The movie Road Games (1981) combines elements of suspense, mystery, and psychological thriller.
- Stacy Keach as Pat Quid
- Jamie Lee Curtis as Pamela
- Marion Edward as Frita
- Grant Page as Smith or Jones
- Road Games (1981) was directed by Richard Franklin, who later went on to direct Psycho II (1983).
- The film was initially a box office disappointment in Australia but gained a cult following over the years.
- Stacy Keach and Jamie Lee Curtis deliver captivating performances, adding to the tension and suspense of the film.