The movie Sole Survivor (1984) is a horror film directed by Thom Eberhardt and starring Anita Skinner, Kurt Johnson, and Robin Davidson. The film follows the story of Denise Watson, the sole survivor of a plane crash that killed all of the other passengers. Denise begins to experience strange occurrences and visions of the deceased passengers, leading her to believe that she is being haunted by their spirits.
As the movie progresses, Denise becomes increasingly paranoid and isolated, struggling to come to terms with the trauma of the crash and the supernatural events that are occurring around her. She seeks the help of a psychiatrist, Dr. Perris, who tries to convince her that her experiences are simply a manifestation of her grief and survivor’s guilt.
However, Denise’s visions become more intense and terrifying, leading her to believe that the other passengers are trying to communicate with her and warn her of impending danger. She begins to investigate the crash and discovers that it may have been caused by a bomb planted by a terrorist group.
- Anita Skinner as Denise Watson
- Kurt Johnson as Max
- Robin Davidson as Cindy
- Caren L. Larkey as Dr. Perris
- Bill Couch as Detective
- The movie was directed by Thom Eberhardt, who also wrote the screenplay.
- Sole Survivor was released on DVD in 2005 by Code Red DVD.
- The film was remade in 2013 as a made-for-TV movie with the same title.
- IMDb – Sole Survivor (1984) Reviews
- AllMovie – Sole Survivor (1984) Review
- Roger Ebert – Sole Survivor (1984) Review