The movie Swamp Thing (1982) is a horror film directed by Wes Craven. The story follows Dr. Alec Holland, a brilliant scientist working on a secret formula that could revolutionize plant growth. When a group of thugs attacks him and sets his lab on fire, Alec is doused with his own formula and falls into the nearby swamp. He emerges as a mutated creature with superhuman strength and plant-like abilities.
As Swamp Thing, Alec tries to protect the swamp and its inhabitants from various threats, including the evil Dr. Anton Arcane and his henchmen. Arcane seeks to capture Swamp Thing and extract his unique powers for his own sinister purposes. Along the way, Swamp Thing encounters Alice Cable, a government agent sent to investigate Arcane’s activities. Together, they form an unlikely alliance to stop Arcane and save the swamp.
The movie Swamp Thing (1982) combines elements of horror, science fiction, and superhero genres.
- Ray Wise as Dr. Alec Holland / Swamp Thing
- Adrienne Barbeau as Alice Cable
- David Hess as Dr. Anton Arcane
- Nicholas Worth as Bruno
- Dick Durock as Swamp Thing (stunt performer)
- The movie Swamp Thing (1982) is based on the DC Comics character created by Len Wein and Bernie Wrightson.
- The film was shot on location in South Carolina, giving the swamp setting an authentic atmosphere.
- Swamp Thing was portrayed by actor Dick Durock, who would go on to reprise the role in the sequel and the subsequent television series.
- The film’s makeup effects were created by Bill Munns, who brought the iconic Swamp Thing creature to life.
-  https://www.rogerebert.com/reviews/swamp-thing-1982
-  https://imdb.com/title/tt0084745/
-  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swamp_Thing_(1982_film)