The movie Tattoo (1981) is an erotic thriller film directed by Bob Brooks. The story revolves around Karl Kinsky, an unbalanced tattoo artist who becomes obsessed with Maddy, a model he meets during a photo shoot. As Karl’s obsession grows, he becomes increasingly possessive and controlling, leading to a dangerous and twisted relationship between the two.
The movie Tattoo (1981) explores themes of obsession, control, and the blurred lines between love and possession.
- Bruce Dern as Karl Kinsky
- Maud Adams as Maddy
- Leonard Frey as Buddy
- John Getz as Billy
- Millie Perkins as Joyce
- Michael Pataki as Detective Burns
- The movie Tattoo (1981) had a budget of $5 million.
- The film received mixed reviews from critics. Roger Ebert of the Chicago Sun-Times gave the film two out of four stars, praising the performances but criticizing the triteness of its climax. Janet Maslin of The New York Times also had a similar review, praising the leads but finding the conclusion disappointing.
- Tattoo was released by 20th Century Fox on October 9, 1981.