The movie The Boogey Man (1980) is a supernatural slasher film written and directed by Ulli Lommel. The plot revolves around two siblings who are haunted by the ghost of their mother’s deceased boyfriend, who has been released from a mirror. The film explores the long-held superstition of boogeymen beings and delves into the characters’ primal fears and Freudian jealousies.
The story unfolds as a young girl witnesses her brother committing murder through a reflection in a mirror. Twenty years later, the mirror is shattered, freeing the evil spirit of the deceased boyfriend.
The movie The Boogey Man (1980) blends elements of sex, shock devices, and psychological horror..
- Suzanna Love as Lacey
- John Carradine as Dr. Warren
- Ron James as Willy
- The Boogey Man (1980) draws inspiration from various horror films, including Halloween, The Exorcist, and The Amityville Horror.
- The Boogey Man (1980) was likely influenced by the success of Halloween and incorporates elements reminiscent of the popular slasher film.
- GAMES, BRRRAAAINS & A HEAD-BANGING LIFE:
- IMDb: This user-generated review platform offers a variety of reviews from viewers who have watched the film.