The movie The Children (1980) is an American horror film directed by Max Kalmanowicz. The story revolves around a group of five children in a small New England town who are transformed into zombies after being exposed to waste from a nearby nuclear plant. The children develop a deadly ability to microwave any living thing they touch, leading to a series of gruesome and horrifying deaths.
The movie The Children (1980) follows the residents of the town as they try to survive the onslaught of the zombie children. The once-innocent youngsters become relentless killers, leaving a trail of destruction in their wake.
The Children (1980) combines elements of zombie horror and supernatural thriller.
- Martin Shakar as David
- Gil Rogers as Paul
- Gale Garnett as Cathy
- Shannon Bolin as Carol
- The Children (1980) was given a limited release theatrically in the United States by World Northal, opening regionally in Tucson, Arizona on June 6, 1980.
- The film received generally negative reviews from critics upon its release.
- The Children – Rotten Tomatoes
- The Children (1980) review – Cool Ass Cinema
- The Children (1980) – IMDb