The movie The Entity (1982) is a supernatural horror film directed by Sidney J. Furie. It is based on the novel of the same name by Frank De Felitta. The story follows Carla Moran, a single mother who becomes the target of a malevolent supernatural entity.
Carla begins experiencing terrifying and violent encounters with an unseen force that sexually assaults her. The attacks leave physical marks on her body, leading her to seek help from various experts, including psychologists and parapsychologists. However, they struggle to explain or understand the nature of the entity that is tormenting Carla.
As the attacks escalate, Carla’s friends and family become increasingly concerned for her well-being. They witness the horrifying events and try to support her, but they too are unable to protect her from the relentless entity. Carla’s search for answers leads her to a group of parapsychologists who believe her experiences are genuine and attempt to capture evidence of the entity’s existence.
- Barbara Hershey as Carla Moran
- Ron Silver as Phil Sneiderman
- David Labiosa as Billy Moran
- George Coe as Dr. Weber
- Margaret Blye as Cindy Nash
- Jacqueline Brookes as Dr. Elizabeth Cooley
- The movie The Entity (1982) is based on a true story, which was documented in a book by Frank De Felitta.
- The film’s depiction of the supernatural entity’s attacks generated controversy due to its explicit and sexual nature.
- The Entity received mixed reviews upon its release but has gained a cult following over the years.
- Barbara Hershey’s performance as Carla Moran was highly praised by critics.
-  https://www.rogerebert.com/reviews/the-entity-1983
-  https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0082334/
-  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Entity_(1982_film)