The movie The Exorcist 3 (1990) is the second sequel in the Exorcist horror franchise. It was directed by William Peter Blatty, adapted from his novel Legion. The film stars George C. Scott, Ed Flanders, and Brad Dourif.
The movie The Exorcist 3 (1990) takes place years after the original possessed Reagan. Lieutenant Kinderman investigates a series of gruesome murders copying the style of executed serial killer James Venamun. The murders center around a mental hospital where a patient named Patient X appears possessed.
It is revealed the spirit of Venamun has possessed the patient to continue his evil work. Kinderman consults with a priest to perform an exorcism, but they discover Venamun’s spirit can jump between bodies.
- George C. Scott as Lt. Kinderman
- Ed Flanders as Father Dyer
- Brad Dourif as The Gemini Killer
- Nicol Williamson as Father Morning
- Jason Miller as Patient X
- Originally titled The Exorcist: Legion.
- Author William Peter Blatty directed the film.
- The hospital set was carried over from John Carpenter’s Prince of Darkness.
- George C. Scott joined the film for a reduced fee.