The movie The Exorcist 3: Legion (1990) is the second sequel in the Exorcist horror franchise. It was directed by William Peter Blatty, adapted from his novel Legion. The film stars George C. Scott, Ed Flanders, and Brad Dourif.
The movie The Exorcist 3: Legion (1990) takes place years after the original possessed Reagan. Lieutenant Kinderman investigates a series of gruesome murders copying the style of executed serial killer James Venamun. The murders center around a mental hospital where a patient named Patient X appears possessed.
This is William Peter Blatty’s director’s cut of The Exorcist 3 which was thought to be lost. This was recovered and released in 2016 under its original title, based on his novel “Legion”.
- George C. Scott as Lt. Kinderman
- Ed Flanders as Father Dyer
- Brad Dourif as The Gemini Killer
- Nicol Williamson as Father Morning
- Jason Miller as Patient X
- Original title of William Peter Blatty’s novel.
- Blatty directed and wrote the screenplay.
- Used extensive special makeup effects.
- Filmed on location in Georgetown.