The movie The Forest (1982) is a horror film directed by Don Jones. The story follows a group of friends who decide to go on a camping trip in the remote wilderness of the Pacific Northwest. As they venture deeper into the forest, they encounter a malevolent force that begins to prey on them.
The movie The Forest (1982) opens with a middle-aged couple murdered by an unseen killer while hiking in the Sierra Nevada mountains. Later, two couples – Steve and Sharon, Charlie and Teddi – enter the same woods for a camping trip.
Sharon and Teddi make camp near a waterfall where they encounter the ghosts of two children, John Jr. and Jennifer, who warn that their father is coming. Meanwhile, Steve and Charlie get lost searching for the women.
The children’s father, a murderous cannibal hermit named John Sr., kills Teddi at her camp. Sharon flees while Steve and Charlie unknowingly take shelter in John’s cave. There, the ghosts of the children appear and John feeds them Teddi’s roasted flesh.
The next day, the children explain their tragic story to Sharon – how they committed suicide after being abused by their mother. That night, Charlie is killed by the savage John Sr. In the climax, Sharon rescues Steve but must battle the crazed John.
The movie The Forest (1982) ends with Sharon slaying John Sr. and escaping the haunted woods with Steve. The ghosts of the children finally find peace, free from their abusive parents at last.
- Dean Russell as Jack
- Gary Kent as Mike
- Tomi Barrett as Sandy
- John Batis as Greg
- Ann Wilkinson as Chris
- Frank Boers Jr. as The Forest Creature
- The movie The Forest (1982) was filmed on location in the Angeles National Forest in California.
- The film was made on a low budget and features practical effects to create the supernatural elements.
- The Forest received mixed reviews upon its release, with some praising its atmospheric tension and others criticizing its pacing and character development.
- The film has gained a cult following over the years for its eerie atmosphere and unique blend of horror and psychological elements.
-  https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0083952/
-  https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/forest_1982
-  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Forest_(1982_film)