The movie The Godsend (1980) is a British horror film directed by Gabrielle Beaumont and based on the novel of the same name by Bernard Taylor. The story follows the Marlowe family, consisting of parents Alan and Kate and their four children, as they take in a pregnant woman who disappears shortly after giving birth. They raise the baby girl as their own, but over the years, their other children begin to die in a series of mysterious accidents. As the family struggles to come to terms with their loss, they begin to suspect that their adopted daughter may be responsible for the tragedies. The parents’ attempts to uncover the truth lead them down a dark path, and they soon realize that their daughter may not be entirely human.
- Malcolm Stoddard as Alan Marlowe
- Cyd Hayman as Kate Marlowe
- Angela Pleasence as Christine
- Patrick Barr as Dr. Barnes
- Wilhelmina Green as Bonnie
- Joanne Boorman as Lucy Marlowe
- The movie The Godsend (1980) was made on a budget of $1.1 million and grossed $1,650,000 at the box office.
- The film is based on the 1976 novel The Godsend by Bernard Taylor.
- The Godsend (1980) – Letterboxd
- The Godsend (1980) – That Was A Bit Mental
- Film Review: The Godsend (1980) – Horror News Network