The movie The House Where Evil Dwells (1982) is a horror film directed by Kevin Connor. The story follows an American family who moves into a traditional Japanese home that is haunted by the spirits of a samurai and his lover, who died in a murder-suicide centuries ago.
The movie The House Where Evil Dwells (1982) opens in 1840s Japan, where a samurai murders his adulterous wife and her lover before killing himself. In the present day, an American family moves into the same haunted house.
Writer Ted Fletcher, his wife Laura and daughter Amy experience increasing supernatural harassment from the ghosts of the three murder victims. Laura becomes possessed and begins an affair with the family’s friend Alex.
The ghosts reveal they are plotting to reenact the murders so their souls can be freed. Ted is nearly drowned by the wife’s ghost, while the husband and lover attack Amy as crab monsters.
In the intense climax, a monk performs an exorcism to banish the ghosts before morning. When Ted learns of Laura’s affair, the ghosts return and possess the three of them. The movie The House Where Evil Dwells (1982) ends with the ghosts forcing Ted, Laura and Alex to reenact the original bloody murders.
With its classic haunted house premise, the movie The House Where Evil Dwells (1982) delivers chilling supernatural horror. The fiery conclusion provides a dark coda as the American family falls prey to the vengeful Japanese spirits.
- Edward Albert as Ted Fletcher
- Susan George as Laura Fletcher
- Doug McClure as Alex Curtis
- Amy Barrett as Amy Fletcher
- Mako Hattori as Masafumi Kobayashi
- Toshiya Maruyama as Toshio Kobayashi
- The movie The House Where Evil Dwells (1982) was filmed on location in Japan.
- The film is based on the novel of the same name by James Hardiman.
- The House Where Evil Dwells received mixed reviews upon its release, with some praising its atmospheric tension and others criticizing its pacing and character development.
-  https://forgottenfilmcast.wordpress.com/2020/10/04/the-house-where-evil-dwells/
-  https://www.studiobinder.com/blog/best-movie-taglines/
-  https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0084464/reviews