The movie The New York Ripper (1982) is an Italian giallo film directed by Lucio Fulci. The story revolves around a sadistic serial killer known as the New York Ripper, who terrorizes the city with his brutal murders. The killer targets young women and taunts the police with his distinctive quacking voice.
The movie The New York Ripper (1982) follows Detective Lieutenant Fred Williams as he investigates the gruesome murders. He teams up with a psychoanalyst, Dr. Paul Davis, to try and understand the mind of the killer. As they delve deeper into the case, they uncover a web of depravity and violence.
The New York Ripper’s victims are subjected to sadistic and sexually explicit violence, making the film controversial and notorious for its extreme content. The killer’s identity remains a mystery throughout the film, leading to a suspenseful and shocking climax.
The movie The New York Ripper (1982) is considered one of Fulci’s most controversial and divisive films.
- Jack Hedley as Lieutenant Fred Williams
- Almanta Suska as Fay Majors
- Howard Ross as Mickey Scellenda
- Andrea Occhipinti as Dr. Paul Davis
- Alexandra Delli Colli as Jane Forrester
- Paolo Malco as Dr. Lodge
- The movie The New York Ripper (1982) was heavily censored and banned in several countries due to its extreme violence and sexual content.
- The film’s distinctive killer, known as the New York Ripper, communicates with a quacking voice, adding an eerie and unsettling element to the character.
- The New York Ripper is considered one of Lucio Fulci’s most controversial and polarizing films, with critics divided over its artistic merit and excessive violence.
- The film’s score was composed by Francesco De Masi, known for his work in Italian genre cinema.
-  https://eofftvreview.wordpress.com/2020/01/29/the-new-york-ripper-1982/
-  http://hypnoticcrescendos.blogspot.com/2014/09/the-new-york-ripper-1982.html
-  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_New_York_Ripper
-  https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0084719/