The movie The Prowler (1981) is a slasher film directed by Joseph Zito. The story takes place in a small New Jersey town, where a group of college students is preparing for a graduation spring dance. However, their celebration is interrupted by a masked killer who begins a brutal murder spree, targeting anyone in his path.
The movie follows the efforts of Pam MacDonald, played by Vicky Dawson, and Sheriff George Fraser, played by Farley Granger, as they try to uncover the identity of the killer and put an end to the violence. As they investigate the murders, they uncover a connection to a double murder that occurred 35 years ago.
The movie The Prowler (1981) is known for a killer, known as “the prowler,” who wears a World War II U.S. Army uniform.
- Vicky Dawson as Pam MacDonald
- Farley Granger as Sheriff George Fraser
- Christopher Goutman as Mark London
- Cindy Weintraub as Sherry
- Lawrence Tierney as Major Chatham
- The Prowler (1981) is also known as Rosemary’s Killer.
- The film’s special effects were done by renowned makeup artist Tom Savini.
- The Prowler (1981) features a memorable and gruesome bayonet kill scene.