The movie The Survivor (1981) is an Australian supernatural horror film directed by David Hemmings. The plot follows Keller, an airline pilot played by Robert Powell, who miraculously survives a plane crash that kills all of his passengers . After the crash, Keller is haunted by the memories of the tragedy and begins experiencing strange occurrences.
As Keller tries to move on with his life, he is contacted by a clairvoyant named Hobbs, portrayed by Jenny Agutter, who claims to be in contact with the spirits of the crash victims . Hobbs believes that there is a supernatural force at work and that Keller is being targeted by an otherworldly entity. Together, they embark on a journey to uncover the truth behind the crash and the presence that continues to haunt Keller.
The movie The Survivor (1981) explores themes of survival, guilt, and the supernatural.
- Robert Powell as Keller
- Jenny Agutter as Hobbs
- Joseph Cotten as Priest
- Angela Punch McGregor as Louise
- Peter Sumner as First Officer
- Lorna Lesley as Susan
- The Survivor is based on the 1976 novel of the same name by James Herbert .
- The film was directed by David Hemmings and marked Joseph Cotten’s final feature film appearance .
- The Survivor combines elements of supernatural horror and psychological thriller to create a suspenseful and atmospheric viewing experience .