The movie Unhinged (1982) opens with three female college students, Terry, Nancy and Gloria, driving to a music festival. After a car accident leaves them stranded, the women take shelter in an isolated mansion owned by the Penrose family – Marion, her elderly mother, and their groundskeeper Norman.
The movie Unhinged (1982) takes a dark turn as the women experience strange occurrences in the house. Terry finds a human tooth and hears creepy noises at night. Nancy goes missing after walking through the woods. Later, Gloria is attacked in her room by an unseen assailant with a hatchet.
Terry discovers a gruesome shed full of corpses including her dead friends. She is chased by Marion’s brother Carl, who she shoots and kills. Marion reveals “she” is actually a man masquerading as a woman. Marion then murders Terry in a crazed state, raving about “her” gender dysphoria.
The movie Unhinged (1982) ends with Mrs. Penrose calling for Marion, unaware of the bloody murders. Marion, dressed as a woman, responds that there are no men upstairs. The disturbing ending leaves the full extent of the family’s madness unknown.
- Janet Penner as Terry
- Virginia Settle as Julie
- David S. Cass Sr. as Jim
- John Morrison as Ralph
- John Archie as Sheriff
- Len Lesser as Dr. Frazier
- The movie Unhinged (1982) was filmed on a shoestring budget of $250,000.
- The film was shot in Portland, Oregon, and features various iconic locations in the city.
- Unhinged gained a cult following over the years for its gritty atmosphere and intense performances.
- The film was released as a double feature with another horror film, Don’t Go in the Woods (1981).
-  https://badmoviesforbadpeople.wordpress.com/2015/08/22/unhinged-1982-review/
-  https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/unhinged_1982
-  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unhinged_(1982_film)