The movie Urban Legends: Final Cut (2000) is a slasher film and a sequel to 1998’s Urban Legend. It was directed by John Ottman and stars Jennifer Morrison, Matthew Davis, Hart Bochner, Loretta Devine, and Eva Mendes.
The movie follows film student Amy Mayfield as she starts her thesis film project, a slasher film inspired by urban legends. She attends the prestigious Alpine University which is known for its film program. However, a series of murders start occurring around campus that mimic urban legends, stirring up controversy around Amy’s project.
Security guard Reese Wilson becomes convinced that Amy’s film has inspired a copycat killer. The teachers Professor Solomon and Professor Walker also have concerns about the effect of her film. Meanwhile, the bodies continue to pile up as students are killed in manners matching other urban legends, like a spider hatching under someone’s skin. Amy and her friends soon fear they may be targets themselves or could potentially be the killers and not remember due to blackouts.
- Jennifer Morrison as Amy Mayfield
- Matthew Davis as Travis Stark
- Hart Bochner as Professor Solomon
- Loretta Devine as Reese Wilson
- Eva Mendes as Vanessa Valdeon
- It was shot on location at Simon Fraser University in Canada
- The film’s original cut received an NC-17 rating that had to be edited down
- There are cameos from the first film’s stars Jared Leto and Alicia Witt
- Director John Ottman edited the film himself under a pseudonym
 Rotten Tomatoes