The movie Forbidden World (1982), also known as Mutant, is a science fiction horror film directed by Allan Holzman. The story takes place on a distant planet where a scientific research facility, located on the desolate planet Xarbia, is conducting experiments to create a new food source to combat the ongoing food crisis on Earth.
The movie Forbidden World (1982) follows the arrival of Mike Colby, a troubleshooter sent to evaluate the project. As Mike arrives, he discovers that the experiment has gone terribly wrong, resulting in the creation of a deadly mutant creature. The creature, known as Subject 20, is a rapidly evolving and highly aggressive organism that feeds on human flesh.
As the movie progresses, Mike Colby and the remaining scientists must find a way to contain and destroy the mutant creature before it escapes the facility and threatens the entire universe. They face numerous challenges, including the creature’s ability to adapt and regenerate, making it nearly impossible to kill.
- Jesse Vint as Mike Colby
- Dawn Dunlap as Tracy Baxter
- June Chadwick as Dr. Barbara Glaser
- Linden Chiles as Dr. Gordon Hauser
- Fox Harris as Dr. Cal Timbergen
- Raymond Oliver as Dr. Gordon Hauser
- The movie Forbidden World (1982) was produced by Roger Corman’s New World Pictures, known for its low-budget cult films.
- The film was originally titled “Mutant” but was later changed to “Forbidden World” for its theatrical release.
- Forbidden World was shot in just 18 days on a limited budget, utilizing recycled sets and props from other films to save costs.
- The film’s special effects were created by John Carl Buechler, who went on to work on other notable horror films.
-  https://www.rogerebert.com/reviews/forbidden-world-1982
-  https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0083959/
-  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forbidden_World