The movie Zombie Lake (1981) is a French horror film directed by Jean Rollin. The plot revolves around a small village in France that is haunted by the vengeful spirits of Nazi soldiers who were killed during World War II. The village is located near a lake where the soldiers were dumped after their deaths.
The movie Zombie Lake (1981) begins with a young girl discovering a zombie emerging from the lake. As more zombies rise from the depths, the villagers must band together to fight off the undead menace. The film follows their struggle for survival as they try to uncover the dark secrets behind the zombies’ existence.
As the villagers battle the zombies, they uncover a tragic history involving the village’s collaboration with the Nazis during the war.
- Howard Vernon as Mayor
- Pierre-Marie Escourrou as Pierre
- Anouchka as Helena
- Antoine Saint-John as The Colonel
– Zombie Lake (1981) is known for its low-budget production values and amateurish special effects.
– The film has gained a cult following among fans of B-movies and zombie films, appreciating its campy charm and unintentional humor.
– Zombie Lake was released as part of the wave of zombie films that became popular in the 1980s, following the success of George A. Romero’s Night of the Living Dead.